Alternative medicine, often referred to as "complementary medicine" includes a long list of alternative therapies, therapies such as herbs, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, aromatherapy, iridology, homeopathy, and many more. "Complementary" is the term preferred by many professionals, and not seen as a substitute for conventional medicine, but something that can be used with him.
I must admit it was probably a skeptic when it comes to the health benefits of alternative therapy, did'nt much I was not a believer in alternative therapies but more likely just ignorant. I guess until there is a need to explore other options, conventional medicine just seems to be the logical choice. Do not misunderstand me trust Western medicine, but sometimes a combination of both can produce better results. I thought I would focus on two Herbal alternative therapies and acupuncture as I have experienced both.
Health benefits of alternative therapy - Herbs for healthy skin
Everyone loves to have beautiful natural skin and clear, I know if my skin looks good, I have much more confidence and wear little makeup. If you do some research found that certain herbs are excellent for general skin health and can only be incorporated into your daily diet. Herbs such as seaweed, alfalfa and parsley which not only benefits the skin, but also nutritional benefits. Kelp is a natural source of iron and iodine, these nutrients help regulate the thyroid and helps fight germs and bacteria. Why not use alfalfa is salads and sandwiches, as it stimulates the immune system due to nutrients such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and sodium. Finally parsley is rich in vitamins A, B and C to decorate away.
Increasing fiber intake can also help filter out bad toxins, it can easily be increased by eating more fresh fruit and vegies plus the addition of flaxseed meal to your cereal in the morning. Also is important to drink water to clear toxins from the body, check out my post on Drink Water for Beautiful Skin.
Health benefits of alternative therapy - Acupuncture
Acupuncture is considered a holistic approach that focuses on the body as a whole, is the placement of long thin needles at certain points of the body. Regular acupuncture treatments can give you more energy, can reduce anxiety and stress and give you a sense of calm, so keep your body in good working order and less prone to disease. Acupuncture can also be used to treat certain health conditions and eliminate or reduce the need for the murderers of medications and pain. I think the traditional style of acupuncture works better for me is very relaxing and I feel that my health and the natural beauty and general well-being has improved.

No comments:
Post a Comment